[Scribus] Layout of Frame-borders

Christoph Schäfer christoph-schaefer
Thu Apr 20 22:35:40 CEST 2006

Am Donnerstag, 20. April 2006 22:00 schrieb Thomas Zastrow:
> I think, a long time ago I mentioned this already ... ;-)
>
> A frame on a Scribus-Document has - when active - a red-dotted border.
> When it is not active, the color changes to grey.
>
> In my personal oppinion, this lines are looking a bit ... let me call it
> inelegant. Specially when you got a lot of frames on a page.
>
> I think it could not be too much work to change this red color to a more
> smoother one? And perhaps shrinking the border-width a little bit, just
> one or two pixel should do it?
>
> That would be great, and I think, that this little improvements can give
> Scribus a more professional look.
>
> Greetings,
>
> Tom

Hi Tom,

I agree with you that it doesn't look very elegant; InDesign is more pleasing
for the eye here and in many other aspects. On the other hand, XPress is ugly
as hell and it is still widely used.

The red lines and dots are useful in most cases, much more than the dark blue
ones of ID. The exception is working on a red background. For that reason I
think the frame borders (colour and width) should be as configurable as the
other lines.

Cheers,

Christoph