[Scribus] Question about Krita and Scribus

pixelnate pixelnate
Wed Apr 19 20:03:38 CEST 2006

Kai-Uwe Behrmann wrote:
> Krita is planed for version 1.5 of KOffice. More below is stated on
> the site that many features are working in SVN?
>
> See: http://www.koffice.org/krita/
>
> As a click application impressive.
>
> regards
> Kai-Uwe Behrmann
>                                 + development for color management
>                                 + imaging / panoramas
>                                 + email: ku.b at gmx.de
>                                 + http://www.behrmann.name

Ah, I see, it isn't complete. I thought that it was a complete app.
Looks like I was trying to do things that weren't quite finished. Major
bummer.

During the "OSS tools aren't quite ready" thread, more than one person
pointed out that Krita could do cmyk manipulation and color correction.
They should have been more specific in saying that it will allow you to
open and create cmyk images, but the feature set was incomplete.

Krita does look good for the future. FWIW, I like the interface so much
better than Gimp. I shall stay tuned for more...

~Nate