[Scribus] serious mac trouble

Benjamin Huot benjaminhuot
Tue Apr 18 03:22:20 CEST 2006

I am just recovering from a crashed hard drive on my Mac mini (luckily
it was under warranty and I had a spare computer), so I know how you
feel. The only utility I have used on my Mac if things tend to be going
wrong and for regular maintenance is Disk Warrior from Alsoft - it
repairs directory damage - the most common problem on the Mac. It won't
work on Intel Macs as far as I know but it should work on any PowerPC
ones. All you do to run it is put the CD-ROM into your drive and then
hold down the letter C key and restart your Mac. Then click on rebuild
directory. Other than that you can try repairing permissions with Disk
Utility in the Utilities folder in the Applications folder.

http://www.alsoft.com/DiskWarrior