[Scribus] Where deleted text goes...

Łukasz Jernaś deejay1
Sat Apr 15 18:51:30 CEST 2006

Dnia pi?tek, 14 kwietnia 2006 20:09, Gregory Pittman napisa?:
> This is something I noticed a while ago and forgot to mention, but it's
> still there in 1.3.4cvs:
>
> When you select text and Delete it (Del key), it goes to the clipboard,
> just as if you do Ctrl-X.
> At least some (many?) other programs differentiate these two operations,
> so that when something is deleted, it's deleted (gone), though some may
> allow an Undo to retrieve an accidental deletion.

Hmm, as far as I know the text goes to the X clipboard, if you're using KDE
maybe check your klipper settings (in most distributions it copies by default
from the X clipboard to the other one - sorry, I can't remmeber its name but
there are two). X Windows just copies all text you have selected (hey, it
works even in xterm :) there are endless discussions on this topic, but no
conclusions AFAIK, at least it would make me very unhappy when someone would
disable thedefault behaviour of X11...

--
?ukasz [DeeJay1] Jerna?
Dateiname   : nicht verf?gbar