[Scribus] Text in Text Boxes

Mikolaj Machowski mikmach
Sat Apr 15 00:49:16 CEST 2006

Dnia ?roda, 12 kwietnia 2006 04:12, Gregory Pittman napisa?:
> hovergo at net-tech.com.au wrote:
> > I frequently swap text files with checkers and proof readers in far
> > away cities before publicaction of our news letter.
> > I do all headings, footers, acknowledgements, indexes, inserts as text
> > files  inserted in text boxes,  and images in image boxes that way I
> > can change any single feature as required.
> >
> > To update text in a text box, I select and insert the new text version
> > over the top of and without deleting the previous text.
> >
> > A nice feature in the scribus page would be, when the text box is
> > selected that the file name and path is displayed.
>
> I'm not sure there would be many that would work in this way, and it
> gets complicated when you have input from more than one source.

IMO it will be more popular with increasing popularity of Scribus. ATM
most users are one-user-team. When Scribus will be used for bigger
projects team work will be more and more important.

Apart from core DTP issues Scribus could think more about way of *text*
workflow.

m.