[Scribus] Debian/Ubuntu scribus-ng

Samps carlos
Fri Apr 14 07:40:30 CEST 2006

Greg Hill wrote:
> Perhaps someone on the list can help me with the latest version of Scribus-ng.
> I'm running Debian-Ubuntu KDE and up until now have had no problem
> downloading and installing the latest and greatest Scribus-cvs. However,
> today I got the Scribus-ng using Synaptic, along with doc-ng, etc.
> Everything seemed to install OK with no complaints from the system. The
> program opens OK, I can set the page size and margins without any problem.
> But here's the thing. When I draw a picture box and import a photo, Scribus
> crashes every time. I tried using the menu to "insert" photo box, but the
> second a photo is brougoht into the box, the whole thing seems to "fall
> apart". This is really quite annoying, as Scribus is of no use to me if I
> can't import photos. I updated QT to qt3....same thing. Anyone know what's
> going on? I have used Scribus almost since its inception and I love the
> program (sigh!).
>
> Greg

Greg,

I too am running Ubuntu with KDE (isn't it just plain nice?), Ubuntu
Breezy Badger to be precise.

I installed Scribus-ng plus the docs, using Synaptic. I now have a
1.2-something version of Scribus, the Scribus-cvs and Scribus-ng
installed and all working.

I can not replicate your problem. I can create  a picture box, move it,
resize it, import photos into it, replace the contents etc....

I have only tried this using JPGs tho', as those was the only photos I
could find.

sorry 'bout that

Samps