[Scribus] Debian/Ubuntu scribus-ng

Greg Hill bettyandgreg
Fri Apr 14 01:14:18 CEST 2006

Perhaps someone on the list can help me with the latest version of Scribus-ng.
I'm running Debian-Ubuntu KDE and up until now have had no problem
downloading and installing the latest and greatest Scribus-cvs. However,
today I got the Scribus-ng using Synaptic, along with doc-ng, etc.
Everything seemed to install OK with no complaints from the system. The
program opens OK, I can set the page size and margins without any problem.
But here's the thing. When I draw a picture box and import a photo, Scribus
crashes every time. I tried using the menu to "insert" photo box, but the
second a photo is brougoht into the box, the whole thing seems to "fall
apart". This is really quite annoying, as Scribus is of no use to me if I
can't import photos. I updated QT to qt3....same thing. Anyone know what's
going on? I have used Scribus almost since its inception and I love the
program (sigh!).

Greg