[Scribus] 1.3.3 on Ubuntu - menu problem solved

Craig Bradney cbradney
Thu Apr 13 13:48:17 CEST 2006

> Problem solved! The menus now work properly in my Scribus 1.3.3 on Ubuntu
> 5.10. I followed the instructions on this Ubuntu forum page called "HOWTO:
> Make QT apps look more Gnome'ish"...
>
> http://www.ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=76633
>
> It installed qt3-qtconfig and made some changes to settings. Now my 1.3.3
> Scribus menus acts like normal (previously the menus did not display
> properly - if I clicked open the File menu then slid the cursor to the
> right, the File menu stayed open when it should have closed).

Unfortunately, simply an example of the failing of the packaging method on
Debian/Ubuntu when it comes to Qt. We have complained numerous times about
this. One day someone "over there" will listen and consider that perhaps
someone might actually want to run a pure Qt app on Ubuntu and should not
need to be confused by the package split up.

Craig