[Scribus] Torture Testing Scribus

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Wed Apr 12 00:17:39 CEST 2006

Christoph Sch?fer wrote:
> This is not about freedom of speech. The documents can be freely distributed
> and changed according to the rules of may licence. But I want to know who
> wants to print it and why. Think about the following situation: Someone
> prints my text, with my name on it but without my permission. Let's assume,
> this person/publisher adds protected material from other sources, and I don't
> know anything about it. Guess who will be sued?
I always worry when "being sued" is invoked as a reason for anything.
My sense of this is that the author(s) mainly want to reserve the right
to publish these documents themselves, and not have someone else usurp
that right because it was never mentioned with the material.
Just like software, you want to make sure that wherever it goes, the
authorship goes with it.

Greg