[Scribus] Using scribus at multiple sites to edit one document

PFJ paul
Tue Apr 11 13:40:54 CEST 2006

Hi,

> > Not sure how to describe what I may want to be able to do - but I'll try
> > - then you can all laugh and I can forget about it for a few years...
> >
> > Two of us 'edit' a newsletter.  Strictly speaking my colleague edits,
> > and I do the DTP.  Then being an editor he gets the lay-ed out version
> > and changes things... ...at the moment that's done by email, so he sends
> > me an email saying - please change paragraph 4 on page 6 to... and I
> > manually tweak...

There is, in development, a Scribus server to do exactly this (and quite
a bit more). However, it won't happen until the 1.4 release (the code is
very buggy, unreliable and overly bloated at the moment, plus it only
accepts connections from 2 machines at any one time - and even then
there is a chance it will kill the server!).

TTFN

Paul
Dr Who