[Scribus] Someone had to be the first... ...1.3.4!

Craig Bradney cbradney
Mon Apr 10 23:48:05 CEST 2006

On Monday 10 April 2006 23:34, Calum Polwart wrote:
> OK, someone had to ignore all the advice and install 1.3.4cvs, so I
> thought it should be me!
>
> Actually to tell you the truth I assumed that if I updated the cvs I'd
> get 1.3.3.1 (or 1.3.3) unless I told it I wanted to go up to 1.3.4 - no
> idea why I thought this but I did!
>
> So I now have a working 1.3.4 installed! (Very nice too..)
>
> However - since the advice is clearly that I shouldn't be using this for
> production, I want to either go back a step to 1.3.3.1 - OR - to have a
> dual install... ...then I can break things on 1.3.4 too...
>
> But I can't find the wiki that tells me what I'm doing... (which is
> probably why I ended up in this mess)

As of this afternoon, 1.3.4cvs uses different preferences files as well, so
you can have 1.3.3.1 and 1.3.4cvs installed at the same time and be sure if
you dont do something wrong with files, Scribus won't mix things up either.

If you want to check out Scribus 1.3.3.1, then use the -r Version133x tag on
the checkout line, for 1.3.4cvs, stay with -r Version13x. Just install them
in a different directory by setting a different prefix when you configure or
cmake.

Craig