[Scribus] Someone had to be the first... ...1.3.4!

Owen Cook rcook
Mon Apr 10 23:46:28 CEST 2006

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006, Calum Polwart wrote:

> OK, someone had to ignore all the advice and install 1.3.4cvs, so I
> thought it should be me!
>
> Actually to tell you the truth I assumed that if I updated the cvs I'd
> get 1.3.3.1 (or 1.3.3) unless I told it I wanted to go up to 1.3.4 - no
> idea why I thought this but I did!
>
> So I now have a working 1.3.4 installed! (Very nice too..)
>
> However - since the advice is clearly that I shouldn't be using this for
> production, I want to either go back a step to 1.3.3.1 - OR - to have a
> dual install... ...then I can break things on 1.3.4 too...
>
> But I can't find the wiki that tells me what I'm doing... (which is
> probably why I ended up in this mess)

It is probably best if you just build 1.3.3.1 into a new directory and
make your icon link to the executable in that directory.

Generally it is best if you experiment, to make a directory for each
build, eg

/scribus122
/scribus123
/scribus133
/scribus1331

and so on, then ./configure --prefix=/scribus122 or whatever

Owen