[Scribus] Text import using tags - any progress?

Riku Leino tsoots
Mon Apr 10 19:04:56 CEST 2006

Le Tigre wrote:
> Well thank you Riky for all that.
> I'm not sure I understand the notion of "tags", and I'd like to know how

Tag in the sense i was using it is just some additional mark up in the text
that will tell the importer that the text tags separate is ment to be handled
in some special way (apply character style, paragraph style...). Currently
tags can be used when importing from plain text file with the importer "Text
Filters". It's only possible to apply paragraph styles based on tags for now
but it'll change.

> That is our best hope: to be able to have some italics in the text and
> the eventually change the style without losing the differences
> regular/italic.

Yes this idea has been discussed with avox and it should be possible with the
new system at some point.