[Scribus] Torture Testing Scribus

Dave dave
Mon Apr 10 17:14:18 CEST 2006

On 10/04/06, Janet Hawtin <lucychili at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd be keen to see these training docs.
> We are aiming to do some scribus training soon.

I'm also planning to do Scribus training soon, as part of starting a
computer and design training business later this year.

I am disappointed to see a non-commercial restriction mentioned, and
guess there's an allusion to the BY-NC-SA Creative Commons license.

Remember Scribus is GPL and a non-commercial restriction is not in the
spirit of freedom.

For an example of how damaging this is, I really like the Inkscape
tutorials that are embedded in Inkscape documents, and a
non-commercial license prohibits that kind of thing.

Given the problems with the GFDL its clear that there isn't yet any
consensus on what a free license for documentation and training
materials looks like. Creative Commons BY-SA is probably close...

--
Regards,
Dave