[Scribus] A success ... and a surprise :-)

Thomas Zastrow listen
Sat Apr 8 10:45:19 CEST 2006

Craig Ringer schrieb:

>Craig Bradney wrote:
>

>>>Conclusion: Scribus is a Linux-program. As that, it works much more
>>>faster on Linux than on Windows. But, independently of the OS, it's a
>>>very usable layout-program which also works fine with complex documents.
>>>

>>Funny, some say its faster on Windows :) Glad to hear the nice story though,
>>thanks.
>>

>Yep, just last week I think we had someone saying they found it faster
>on win32, and thought that was pretty weird for an OSS app. It probably
>depends on things like your video drivers, X server, etc.

I can't believe that VMWare's video drivers can work faster than the
underlying hardware-software-combination ...?

>Internally, Scribus doesn't really care what window system it's
>displaying on. The drawing operations are the same. The chances are that
>any differences are within Qt, rather than Scribus, when it comes to
>display output.

Yes, that could be the point: QT is the bottle-neck ... if Trolltech now
that?

Greetings,

Tom