[Scribus] 1.4

Peter Nermander peter.nermander
Fri Apr 7 20:42:43 CEST 2006

> To me, this is one of the confusing things about advice on the list.
> When people ask about some feature that doesn't exist on 1.2.x they are
> told to use 1.3.x, but when they complain about some rough edges in
> 1.3.x, they are told they shouldn't be using 1.3.x for "production work."

The Scribus  project uses a convention (same as Linux kernel if I understand right) that only "even" version are considered stable. "Odd" versions are development versions and their focus is not aimed at stability but improvement.

So, 1.2 is the current stable version, the next stable version will be 1.4.

If Scribus was not open source, users would never even see version 1.3 since it is a development version.

I don't think people are told to use 1.3, I think they are told "The feature is implemented in 1.3" as a response to "Scribus is missing this feature".

/Peter