[Scribus] Torture testing Scribus

Peter Talbot pete
Fri Apr 7 18:00:04 CEST 2006

Meechmunchie wrote:

>>Plus she was frustrated because she really wanted to do a good job ...
>>

>In my eyes that is the point. She wanted to use it. And not thinking
>about the philosophy of OSS.
>
><irony>
>  And hey, if the developers don't want that people "cry" that don't have
>  any interests in OSS and its philosphy, they shouldn't give their work
>  to the public.
></irony>

Since certain folks seem to be using this as a forum to cut Scribus
down, let me add my voice to those that have had few to no problems with
it, and have used Scribus with success where other proprietary software
tools failed. (Most notably Quark on pre-OS X machines.)

Scribus is a fine, fine and powerful product *as it is right now*, and
my thanks go to the many dedicated people who have given up their time
and energy to make it what it is today, and will be tomorrow.

This is *not* an appropriate place to flame the developers over
frustrations. 99+% of all computer problems, in my experience, come out
of user error, and poor project planning. A first-time user should
expect to shed some tears using a program of this scope, (God knows my
fiance has shed many learning CAD.) and what a little girl cries over
yesterday she tends to triumph over in time. This list exists to help us
all save a little frustration by providing a forum to answer questions
one cannot find nowhere else.

(That's certainly not the only reason it exists, but from my selfish
user's perspective...)   =)

If I have misunderstood the intent of certain postings, I do apologize.

To the idea that a gift should not cause stress, I say that the best
gifts often do. One should not be angry with someone who gives them a
car which eventually needs new tires. That is the nature of cars.

Scribus is a godsend. Thank you.

Peter