[Scribus] scribus-cvs on breezy, was Re: N00b Stupid Table Question

Oleksandr Moskalenko malex
Thu Oct 27 20:09:34 CEST 2005

* Maciej Hanski <ma_han2000 at yahoo.de> [2005-10-27 02:31:47 +0200]:

> Oleksandr Moskalenko wrote:
>
> Alex, I have to disagree, we don't know enough yet to say, the issue is
> not there. My experience, documented in this issue:
>
> http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=2750
> shows that:
>
> 1. The missing widget issue went away only after _manually_ installing
> qtconfig_qt3 (not in package dependencies) and logging in with a newly
> created user (hint from P.Linell)

Your qtconfig_qt3 suggestion is invalid. As my analysis showed you had insane
MAINWINDOW settings in the ~/.scribus/scribus13.rc file. Changing them
resolves your issue. However, we'll go one step further. The window decoration
problem is going to be gone for good once avox implements max window size code
to force the main Scribus window to not exceed the root window size for your
desktop. I might add qtconfig to the Suggests for the package to show users
that it might enhance their experience, but an absolute dependency is an
overkill as Scribus _can_ be run without qtconfig.

> 2. Font issue persists, I had to _manually_ change font settings in
> qtconfig to get the Polish glyphs properly displayed in Scribus GUI
>
> 3. Font size of Scribus GUI persists: even after setting font size in
> qtconfig, Scribus ignores this setting.
>
> 4. My custom settings were  "out of the box" Ubuntu setting after a
> fresh installation with Polish locales.

Well, I did a fresh installation with a US english locale. I might try a
different locale to see what happens. But that's a separate issue. let's get
the window decoration stuff out of the door first

> Let's look more into it.
>
> regards
> Maciej

Alex