scribus-cvs on breezy, was Re: [Scribus] N00b Stupid Table Question

Craig Bradney cbradney
Thu Oct 27 08:58:29 CEST 2005

On Thursday 27 October 2005 02:31, Maciej Hanski wrote:
> Oleksandr Moskalenko wrote:
> > There is no problem either with Scribus, my breezy scribus-cvs package,
> > or the stock Ubuntu Breezy install. I just finished installing Ubuntu
> > Breezy, scribus-cvs, and Gnome in a qemu image and didn't find any
> > problems with windows or fonts. All of it looks very good. As Maciej's
> > experience with creating another user (documented in the BTS) shows it is
> > something in his custom settings that creates this problem.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Alex
>
> Alex, I have to disagree, we don't know enough yet to say, the issue is
> not there. My experience, documented in this issue:
>
> http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=2750
>
> shows that:
>
> 1. The missing widget issue went away only after _manually_ installing
> qtconfig_qt3 (not in package dependencies) and logging in with a newly
> created user (hint from P.Linell)
>
> 2. Font issue persists, I had to _manually_ change font settings in
> qtconfig to get the Polish glyphs properly displayed in Scribus GUI
>
> 3. Font size of Scribus GUI persists: even after setting font size in
> qtconfig, Scribus ignores this setting.
>
> 4. My custom settings were  "out of the box" Ubuntu setting after a
> fresh installation with Polish locales.

Scribus gets its default GUI font face and size from the QApplication instance
on startup. It is then reset to the user preference values soon after when
the preferences are read in. So, if you have it set to 12pt in prefs (ie, its
not your first Scribus startup) and your system setting is at 10pt, and you
change your GUI font from 10pt to 8pt, Scribus will still give you a user
preference based setting of 12pt.

Craig