scribus-cvs on breezy, was Re: [Scribus] N00b Stupid Table Question

Maciej Hanski ma_han2000
Thu Oct 27 02:31:47 CEST 2005

Oleksandr Moskalenko wrote:

> There is no problem either with Scribus, my breezy scribus-cvs package, or the
> stock Ubuntu Breezy install. I just finished installing Ubuntu Breezy,
> scribus-cvs, and Gnome in a qemu image and didn't find any problems with
> windows or fonts. All of it looks very good. As Maciej's experience with
> creating another user (documented in the BTS) shows it is something in his
> custom settings that creates this problem.
>
> Regards,
>
> Alex

Alex, I have to disagree, we don't know enough yet to say, the issue is
not there. My experience, documented in this issue:

http://bugs.scribus.net/view.php?id=2750

shows that:

1. The missing widget issue went away only after _manually_ installing
qtconfig_qt3 (not in package dependencies) and logging in with a newly
created user (hint from P.Linell)

2. Font issue persists, I had to _manually_ change font settings in
qtconfig to get the Polish glyphs properly displayed in Scribus GUI

3. Font size of Scribus GUI persists: even after setting font size in
qtconfig, Scribus ignores this setting.

4. My custom settings were  "out of the box" Ubuntu setting after a
fresh installation with Polish locales.

Let's look more into it.

regards
Maciej