[Scribus] Perl Script for anyone who wants it...

Wes Allen wezlo
Wed Oct 19 14:00:59 CEST 2005

Hi all,
    I think many know I've been using multivalent to do my impositions.
It works great, but my only problem is that needed to figure out the
layout on my own.  Not anymore!

    Last night a friend of mine designed a small perl script that would
correctly print out the page order for booklet printing - and I expanded
it to create and run a the impose command from the multivalent suite.

    Here's the deal:

1. It works for single-fold, 2-up, double-sided impositions.
2. Because of 1, it will only run if your work's number of pages is
divisible cleanly by 4
3. It's currently set for the location where my java installation is.
4. The script is pre-configured to use us-letter (though you can easily
change that).

If anyone is interested in seeing this, let me know.  I'm just happy
because I don't have to figure this out on my own anymore...

Wes