[Scribus] Fonts on Debian (was Re: use fonts from "Xara" in

Craig Bradney cbradney
Tue Oct 18 16:15:10 CEST 2005

On Tuesday 18 October 2005 11:10, Paraplegic Racehorse wrote:
> Tobias Hilbricht wrote:
> >Am Dienstag, 18. Oktober 2005 04:21 schrieb Paraplegic Racehorse:
> >>So, in order to get fonts installed more recently than Scribus (1.2.3,
> >>BTW), I should reinstall Scribus?
> >
> >In Scribus 1.2.3, in the top menu, go to Settings --> Fonts, and a dialog
> > pops up "Global font settings". Go to the tab "Additional path" and click
> > add, then you can use fonts which Scribus did not find automatically.
> > This is what I meant with Scribus fontpath dialog.
>
> Well, yes, I knew about that. Trouble is, apt never tells me where it's
> installing files. Guess I'll have to do this it the hard way:
>
> find / -name [font name]
>
> once I get a list of all the fonts I've installed via apt, that is, and
> figure out exactly which fonts were included inside the .deb package(s)
> and, and... grr... Debian. I never had this problem under SuSE. Don't
> have it on my other machines (FreeBSD and MacOS X), either. Am thinking
> it might actually be easier to reinstall Scribus.

Reinstalling Scribus will not help. It only sees what it sees (X11 hands it in
1.2.x and fontconfig as well in 1.3.x, plus your additional font paths), and
it doesnt see more by reinstalling.

Craig