[Scribus] Xara Xtreme

frank gaude' tanzen
Fri Oct 14 16:44:45 CEST 2005

Gregory Pittman wrote:

> frank gaude' wrote:
>
>> I have the full version running under WinXP and the startup version,
>> Xara LX, running under FC4, 32 bit. It would run under the 64-bit FC4.
>>
>> If you read the Help section of their Linux download page you can see
>> where they wish to go:
>>
>>   http://xaraxtreme.org/download/
>
> It's pretty impressive.  I downloaded and watched their videos (XviD)
> with xine:
>
> http://xaraxtreme.org/about/
>
> Their Linux download doesn't actually work, but it does come with many
> examples of various peoples' work.

It works to the extent that it loads all those wonderful "examples of
various people's" files and renders them. I did notice much slowness in
the drop-down menus compared to the Win version. I'm sure the Linux
version needs lots of work in many OS-call areas in addition to be
fleshed-out in all the function areas. The rendering engine is working
in Linux! That seems important, huh?

Frank