[Scribus] Re: Re: on scribus 1.3.2cvs on MacOSX

Roberto roberto
Thu Oct 13 18:19:46 CEST 2005

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for your explanations.  Now I have a better grasp of what's going
on and what we can expect from scribus-aqua.
I hope your plans to optimize the app for mach/darwin/aqua to make it
stand up to its linux version are successful in the middle run.
Launching the app did get faster after the first runs, but in general
the app feels so slow. It feels slower than the apple X11 version, which
already feels slower than the linux X11 version. (Besides, there's a bug
that won't let me type any text. Does that happen to you?)

This situation reminds me of Indesign 1.0 which was terribly slow.  Now
after years of optimizations the CS2 version on OSX runs smooth and
feels snappy as far as I can say. However adobe's software are known to
feel faster in Windows than in OSX. Maybe OSX is really to blame.

Keep up the good work!