[Scribus] Splitting up the properties palette? (was: scribus 1.3.0.1 spin-box)

Benjamin Green ben
Fri Oct 14 10:52:18 CEST 2005

On Fri, 14 Oct 2005 09:11:49 +0100, Eilert <eilert-sprachen at t-online.de>
wrote:

> Hi Gustavo,
>
>>> And while I am at it: In case the properties palette can be saved, I
>>> would like to suggest getting somehow back to the layout as it is in
>>> 1.2x with the respective items (X,Y,Z, Text etc.) on top of the
>>> palette.
>>> This is much more effective and user friendly than the current layout,
>>> at least in my personal view.
>
> 150 % agreed :-)
>
> The eye having to travel up and down across the dialog to find the next
> subject is a bit ridiculous after some time. I cannot get used to know
> by heart where the next item will be. It would be much more practical to
> have them all collected at one place. Why not choose ordinary tabs like
> in so many programs, all aligned at the top of the dialogs?
>
> And I would regret very much the palette being distributed to a number
> of single palettes.

Agree also, the new palette is pretty but not as easy to use. Tabs are the
way.

As for the palette being split up I am not sure, but I certainly really
like the current set up, properties for each item appear as they are
relevant, it's great. For example, the 'edit shape' button on the 'shape'
dialog launches another window of controls, so long as these are well
chosen, which in this case they are, that fine.

The gimp of course has 'tabs' of a sort that can be compiled into your own
custom menus, whereas with all other apps I can think of, one is at the
mercy of the coder / GUI designer.

Ben Green