[Scribus] Xara Xtreme

Marvin Dickens marvindickens
Fri Oct 14 08:04:50 CEST 2005

On Thursday 13 October 2005 16:54, frank gaude' wrote:

>  From their site:
>
> Help
> We need your help. Xara cannot do this alone.
>
> If you want to help us create the greatest desktop graphics product that
> has existed on Linux (or Mac) and are a developer willing to give us
> some of your time, please contact us. We have the product, the knowledge
> and the code, and it's all being GPLed to make this possible. We need
> quality developers to help make this happen faster and sooner so please
> contact us </contact.html>.
>
> We're Open Sourcing this code-base in stages. Initially we're inviting
> restricted numbers to have access to the code to help us. As the project
> expands and as we release more code, we'll expand this process until the
> whole code base is fully Open Source and fully public.
>
> Working on graphics software is a LOT more interesting than working on
> most development projects, if only to get the satisfaction of seeing
> amazing things that talented artists can do with your work.

I see a high probability of conflict between the OOS community and Xara.
Specifically, they are "managing"  the the introduction of their code and
limiting the number of developers. This is not how OSS works...

I detect the presence of flying monkeys dressed as salesmen and lawyers...

Regards

Marvin Dickens