[Scribus] Splitting up the properties palette? (was: scribus 1.3.0.1 spin-box)

Gustavo Homem gustavo
Fri Oct 14 04:34:18 CEST 2005

On Friday 14 October 2005 01:49, Christoph Sch?fer wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> In an answer to Karl Sinn, Craig Bradney wrote:
> > No, its an issue with the current tabs implementation of the 1.3.0
> > properties palette. We have plans to split the palette so we are looking
> > to fix up other things first.
>
> Hmmm, what does that mean? Do you really plan to remove one of the most
> appealing features of Scribus? I don't know how others feel about it,
> but at least to me the properties palette is one of the "killer
> features" of Scribus, some kind of powerful "command centre" for page
> items/frames. From a usability point of view, I think one of the
> advantages of Scribus is the combining of related features in one place
> (preferences, context menu, properties palette), which is a stark (and
> very welcome) contrast to software like QuarkXPress, where features are
> spread all over the GUI.
>
> And while I am at it: In case the properties palette can be saved, I
> would like to suggest getting somehow back to the layout as it is in
> 1.2x with the respective items (X,Y,Z, Text etc.) on top of the palette.
> This is much more effective and user friendly than the current layout,
> at least in my personal view.

I agree, that the way it was on 1.2.x seems to be faster to use. Also I am
worried about the splitting of the pallete. Won't this cause too many windows
at once ? Or too much open/close actions to have fewer windows ?

Best regards
Gustavo

--
Angulo S?lido - Tecnologias de Informa??o
http://angulosolido.pt