1.3.x is available for Debian, was Re: [Scribus] Newbie: Howto autosize text frames and other (I am sure)

Oleksandr Moskalenko malex
Tue Oct 11 19:40:32 CEST 2005

* John Jordan <johnxj at comcast.net> [2005-10-11 09:58:21 -0700]:

> On 11 Oct 2005, at 9:48, Oleksandr Moskalenko wrote:
>
> > ... It also doesn't matter what branch of Debian or even Ubuntu you
> > track as I build i386 packages for all of them. Take a look at
> > http://wiki.scribus.net/index.php/Scribus_on_Debian_GNU/Linux for more
> > information.
>
> I have 64-bit Ubuntu and Synaptic does not see anything other than
> what was there when I installed it back in July. I take it this means
> there is no 64-bit .deb for 1.3, right?

John,

I have no access to 64-bit hardware and my computing resources are limited, so
an attempt to set up 64-bit hardware virtualization is going to be quite
difficult. So, you are right. I don't provide any 64-bit packages due to the
above reasons. You would have to build your own package from source.
Fortunately with the current state of apt and packages like apt-build and
apt-src, it is _very_ easy for you to track my packages personally on your
64-bit system.

Regards,

Alex.