[Scribus] Modifying lines of textframes in scripting-engine

Craig Ringer craig
Tue Oct 11 15:02:15 CEST 2005

On Tue, Oct 11, 2005 at 02:16:36PM +0200, Hanno B??ck wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Reading the documentation of the scripting-engine, I found no way to do the
> following:
> I want to set styles for specific lines in a textframe. As far as I understood
> the documentation, it's only possible to set a style for the whole textframe
> object, not for single lines.
> Or am I wrong?

It's been some time since I've done much on the Python plugin, but if I
recall correctly you should be able to apply a style to any paragraph
within a frame. You just need to select the paragraph(s) to apply the
style to - which you can also do programatically - before calling
setStyle.

This does seem somewhat counterintuitive for a scripting API, but it's
the only practical way I see of doing it until some changes can be made
to the core code.

--
Craig Ringer