[Scribus] Another happy user

Johan Herland johherla
Mon Oct 3 02:12:38 CEST 2005

On Monday 03 October 2005 00:43, Christoph Sch?fer wrote:
> Hi Johan,
>
> > PS: A small feature request: It should be possible to substitute
> > Scribus styles for OpenOffice styles when importing OpenOffice
> > documents (so that I wouldn't have to rename my OpenOffice styles
> > beforehand). The current behaviour either corrupts my existing
> > styles, or adds a lot styles which I then have to manually convert
> > to my predefined Scribus styles (which removes any inline styling
> > such as a single italicized word, etc.). In other words: When I
> > import OpenOffice docs, Scribus sometimes prompts me for font
> > substitutions (because of missing fonts). What I want is something
> > similar for styles...
>
> Please have a look here:
>
> http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&page=importhints3
>
> This will probably meet your needs, provided that you have a current
> Scribus version installed.

Yeah, I used those features when importing, but what I'd really like is
the ability to say "Style X in the OpenOffice doc should be mapped to
Scribus style Y, and any inline formatting should be kept (or
removed)". I'm probably being a little nitpicky here, but when you have
a lot of different docs from a lot of different sources, and you're
trying to unify the look of your publication, consolidating styles is a
must.

...Johan

--
Johan Herland, <johherla at online.no>