[Scribus] Linux Font Editor?

John Jordan johnxj
Mon Oct 3 00:55:34 CEST 2005

Can we just get back to the font issue? I need a font with IPA
characters that is (preferably) free, that is properly coded, and that
I can recommend to beginning students. These students are going
to use it with Word on Windows or a Mac to do their homework.
The DTP/TeX/Scribus issue is irrelevant to them.

Tobias mentioned some Type 1 fonts (TIPA) by Rei Fukui that I had
not heard of. I'd like to check them out, but I can't figure out how to
get them. I googled on Rei Fukui and it gave me a lot of links,
including CTAN which listed a lot of fonts. But CTAN seems to
require an account or password or something.

Also, when viewing the list on CTAN it showed tipa10, tipa12,
tipa17, and so on for a long list. Are these point sizes? If so, why?

TIA