[Scribus] Linux Font Editor?

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sun Oct 2 22:10:11 CEST 2005

Christoph Sch?fer wrote:

> Maybe you found the wrong books. A personally prefer the books of
> Helmut Kopka on LaTeX. They are written for bloody beginners an
> advanced users alike, and I know at least some of them are translated
> to English (do a google search on Helmut + Kopka + LaTeX).

Right on, Christoph, Helmut's the man (or should I say "Der Mann"?). I
have the English translation (older edition):

http://www.awprofessional.com/bookstore/product.asp?isbn=0321173856&rl=1#

>> In my linguistics classes I could never learn the subject just from
>> the textbook. Once the prof has explained the subject in a lecture
>> and there has been a class discussion of it, only then does the
>> textbook finally start to make sense.
>

> That sounds strange to me. What will you do when you finished your
> studies? There is no prof to explain things to you then. You will have
> to gather information yourself, from books and other sources. That's
> what studies are all about, at least in Germany: training people to
> work  autonomously. The job of teachers and profs is being a guide in
> achieving that goal.

I was thinking something like this, but Christoph's right to the point.
Sooner or later, we have to wean ourselves from those professors out there.

Greg