[Scribus] Linux Font Editor?

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Sun Oct 2 01:13:58 CEST 2005

John Jordan wrote:

>I might be able to learn TeX if there were actual hands-on classes
>with instructors to show me step by step how to do it. But the
>online documentation is hopeless for me. I couldn't understand
>even the first sentence. I would have to ask a question online for
>each paragraph of the instructions and then wait several days for
>someone to answer it. I'd be dead before I figured it out to the level
>you have achieved. My brain is not equal to yours.

Like Christoph was saying, you really need a *text* on LaTeX. The online
stuff is only going to be useful as a quick reference when you already
know what you're doing, you just forgot the syntax or tag.

What I have done over the years is create some example files in LaTeX to
accomplish various conceptual ideas, which I modify or just get a quick
reminder about how to do various things.

Greg