[Scribus] page numbers

Louis Desjardins louisdesjardins
Tue Nov 29 12:07:34 CET 2005

>Hi, I am using 1.2.2.1 version of Scribus with Suse 9.3 SE.  Of
>course the idea to delete the pictures from my hard drive and to
>have them has never crossed my mind. They are all in the same
>directory with my .sla file.
>
>Another question: How can I insert page numbers? MS Word has  a
>command 'insert page numbers'. OO offers a complicated trick with
>headers/footers. Scribus doesn't seem to contain anything similar,
>unless you insert text frames and manually type in the numbers.

Please consult the tutorial at
http://docs.scribus.net/index.php?lang=en&sm=&page=tutorials/freedomyug/scribustutorial&subpage=6

Basically, you define your page number in a template. The special
character you use for this particular need has to be checked out in
the keyboard shortcut dialog (Settings) under "Insert page number".
You should be all set within minutes.

HTH

Louis

p.s. I know the Tutorial is outdated but still, it has many many
hints always usable.