[Scribus] Version Information

russbucket russbucket
Sun Nov 27 23:16:07 CET 2005

On Sunday 27 November 2005 14:05, PLinnell wrote:
> On Sunday 27 November 2005 20:02, russbucket wrote:
> > >
> > > -------
> > > Russ,
> > > There are already rpms available for Scribus 1.2.3 in SuSE 10.0.
> > > Been using it for a while now.
> > >
> > > Patrick
> >
> > were they on the Scribus site. The version that came with my DVD
> > were 1.2.2. I do a search for them unless you happen to know a good
> > place to get them.
> >
> > Thanks for the reply.
>
> There are two separate 1.2.3 rpms for Scribus.
>
> One is in provided in the supplementary downloads for Suse, which
> provides updated KDE, Gnome and other applications. This one however
> has a bug which has crept into the spec file causing some issues with
> printing. I am sure it will get fixed in the next build.
>

> http://www.novell.com/linux/download/linuks/i386/update_for_10_0/extra.html
>

> The second one is one built by me which varies only slightly in the
> way the rpm is built, not the functionality. These are gpg signed and
> match very closely the way the Suse rpms are built. (The Scribus
> packager for Suse has always been helpful and cooperative.)
>
> This is the one you want:
>
> http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/scribus/scribus-1.2.3-1.1.suse100.i686.r
>pm?download
>
> Somehow the 10.0 rpms did not get uploaded to www.scribus.org.uk yet.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Peter

Thats a lot for the reply, I'll bring it down today. I have used Scribus for
several projects for my Lions club and also for my Christmas and Birthday
cards. Its great not having to depend on MS Publisher anymore. Now if I could
find a good tax program I'd completely delete MS XP from my system.

Thanks again for your help.
--
Russ