[Scribus] Inkscape Announces 0.43 Release :: http://www.inkscape.org :: Draw Freely.

Gregory Pittman gpittman
Tue Nov 22 04:48:12 CET 2005

Gregory Pittman wrote:

>Craig Bradney wrote:

>>>On a somewhat connected note, the upcoming Firefox 1.5 will display SVGs
>>>inline, and also PDFs inline.
>>>

>>Do you know what PDF library it uses?
>>

>I hope I'm not remembering wrong, but I believe it worked like an
>Acrobat plugin, so that you didn't have to fire up Acrobat reader as an
>additional app.

yes, I checked this, and actually it's not so new (just something I
recently discovered):

Adobe Reader 7.0 includes a script for installing the browser plugin,
although it is not run by default when you install it. If you installed
Adobe Reader 7.0 to the default location, this script is at the
following location:

/usr/local/Adobe/Acrobat7.0/Browser/install_browser_plugin

You run this as yourself (not root), since it puts in the file in your
/home/yourself/.mozilla directory.

Greg