[Scribus] Inkscape Announces 0.43 Release :: http://www.inkscape.org :: Draw Freely.

PLinnell mrdocs
Tue Nov 22 02:02:55 CET 2005

On Tuesday 22 November 2005 01:08, stu seven wrote:
>    I like the Inkscape program... but when I try to run the
> newer than I have versions, too many things are missing -
> and this is with the binary(!).  I wonder, how can we get
> the Inkscape AND all it's update packages together ?
>
>     Also, I wonder why we see such announcements
> on the Scribus list ?   :)

Like Inkscape, we require fairly up to date versions of libraries and
packages, though it is harder to update some for inkscape compared to
Scribus. The reason we make these requirements is usually a: bugs we
cannot work around with earlier versions b: functionality only
available in newer versions.

As for Inkscape announcing here, well they are certainly friends of
Scribus and many Inkscape users are also Scribus users. Similarly, we
post to the Inkscape lists when we release a new version. A new and
improved Inkscape is always welcome news here. :)

Cheers,

Peter