[Scribus] PRINTING Scribus books ?

stu seven stu7seven
Sun Nov 20 18:19:50 CET 2005

OK - added the following:

* It's worth adding; while LuLu does provide an on-site calculator,
pricing on their booklet printing tends to be a little confusing. One
factor is the [base price], different for any selected format of book_
add to this a price-per-page cost (considerably different for color or
black and white), and these together determine the basic cost for
-EACH COPY- of the booklet printed... current example: 50 page, 8.5x11
cost is $5.53 B&W /or/ $12.03 Color.
* Further possible confusion may arise over what qualifies as a color
or black and white book - for instance, an all text booklet would
print nicely in black/and/white... but, adding one page with a color
photo, this same will be charged as full color printing. By excluding
any interior color photo, and adding a color cover, the booklet cost
DOES NOT increase over basic black and white price. All this, to me,
was a little confusing; and, this review may otherwise seem a little
critical... still, LuLu is one of the fastest, friendliest, in fact,
the -only- service I could find in U.S. which gives you options of
stapled /or/ coil /or/ perfect binding for your booklet from Scribus
PDF... very nice... couldn't touch this, cost or quality wise at the
local copy shop, so I recommend it :)