[Scribus] scribus splash screen issue

Chris Smith chris
Fri Nov 18 19:15:12 CET 2005

For some reason Scribus puts it's splash screen on all desktops, quite
unlike my other apps which only show the splash screen on the desktop
that is active when the program is invoked.

Normally such behavior, although different, wouldn't be that annoying.
But because of the large number of fonts I have installed, including
open-type ones, the splash screen remains for quite a long time and
prevents my from working on any desktop until Scribus finally loads and
removes its splash screen.

Is there anything that can be done to make the splash screen placement
more "normal"? That is, to have it only appear on the desktop which is
active when the program is invoked?

Thanks.

Chris