[Scribus] Required Versions of tkinter and python-imaging?

Taj Morton tajmorton
Thu Nov 17 22:35:37 CET 2005

On 11/17/05, Craig Ringer <craig at postnewspapers.com.au> wrote:
> Personally, I think trying to include a full Python bundle is just a bad
> idea. Let Scribus disable Python support if the system doesn't have the
> appropriate version. If you want to depend on a version of Python,
> depend on the current "autopackage" one if such a thing exists.
I'll mark Python as a recommended dependency on 2.4. Tcl/Tk will also
be marked as recommended. This means that the install won't fail, but
the user will be notified that they're missing something.

What about on Windows or OS X? Are you planning to package Python?

Thanks again for your help,
--
Taj
http://www.wildgardenseed.com/Taj/blog