[Scribus] PRINTING Scribus books ?

architetto francesco fantoni francesco
Thu Nov 17 09:35:37 CET 2005

Il giorno mer, 16/11/2005 alle 17.03 -0500, Kevin Walzer ha scritto:
> stu seven wrote:
> >    ...well, yes, Booksurge is a "pod" printer...
> > but, ay yi yi... the "preparation costs" I am
> > seeing are astronomical... one hundreds dollars
> > plus, just for printing an already finished file,
> > this is in addition to cost per copy.
> >
> >    Anybody else reading this topic, have a
> > suggestion for paperback/hardback printers
> > who can print one copy, or on-demand,
> > without the high prices

I suggest LULU as well ( http://www.lulu.com ), for small-run editions
is ok, due to their lack of setup cost.
I've made two booklets with them ( paperback and letter size, 70 pages,
full color ) and it got printed very well, the pdf produced with scribus
went perfectly in their workflow (just make sure to embed all the fonts,
they don't do substitutions and your file would just turn out to be
unprintable).
For color books they use one of the best xerox digital printers, and the
quality is really nice.
They have many book sizes (6'x9', 8.5'x11', 9'x7' and a square one) and
at present the only option is a soft cover, but i've read in their
support forum that the hardcover option is going to be offered soon.
Based on my experience i would suggest it.

--
architetto francesco fantoni
(Hermanitos Verdes Architetti)
e.mail francesco at hv-a.com