[Scribus] Quark to Scribus

PLinnell mrdocs
Tue Nov 8 11:12:52 CET 2005

On Tuesday 08 November 2005 10:31, Kerti Bal?zs G?bor wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am a beginner in DTP, and I have a problem. There is a book in
> Quark format, and I would like to export an another format, what
> Sribus can inport.
>
> Is there a progran, or another method, what I use to do?
>
> thx,
>
> Balazs

Hi,

If want to re-edit the content from Quark, you will need to find all
the linked images and EPS files. Then separately export the text from
the text frames. Quark files do not embed the images - they are
linked. Images and EPS files in Quark files will need to be
separately placed in Scribus.

If you simply want to import the content, then you can try exporting
an EPS from Quark.

Directly importing from on page layout app to another is not easy and
here is why:
http://www.scribus.org.uk/modules.php?op=modload&name=FAQ&file=index&myfaq=yes&id_cat=3#19

Peter