[Scribus] Printer.s dots?

Frank Cox melville.theatre
Thu Nov 3 06:53:03 CET 2005

On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 13:31:08 +0800
Craig Ringer <craig at postnewspapers.com.au> wrote:

> Do you mean that you're printing a page that
> you then use to make the plate (like the POST used to do with the
> imagesetter) ?

No, the plates are directly printed on the laser printer.  The plates are
sheets of thin plastic material, just a bit thicker than regular paper.
The "active side" is purple.  You run the plate through the laser printer
and put what you want on it, then you pull the plate through a chemical
bath in a tray similar to that used to put up wallpaper.  After that,
strap 'er into the press and roll 'em.

At least, that appears to be the procedure to me.  I have seen it done
several times now, and it looks like that's all there is to it.

--
MELVILLE THEATRE ~ Melville Sask ~ http://theatre.sasktelwebsite.net