[Scribus] Scribus 1.2.1 under Ubuntu is extremly slow

Craig Ringer craig
Mon May 30 21:08:39 CEST 2005

Thomas Zastrow wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I installed Ubuntu Linux 5.0.4 with Scribus 1.2.1 on my Laptop. Now,
> when doing *something* with Scribus, just like moving the window, the
> harddisk begins to work and the complete system seems to be frozen
> ...  "top" tells me that the Scribus-process uses 42% of the RAM ...
> the only way to getting out of this trouble is to kill the process-id.

That sounds like it's overrun your available memory and is swapping
heavily when it works. How much RAM does the system have? How much RAM
does Scribus use (pasting the whole line from `top' would be helpful).
Do you have any particular document that you encounter the problem with?