[Scribus] [Scripter] Some issues

Scott A Phipps saphipps
Fri May 27 15:50:07 CEST 2005

On Fri, 2005-05-27 at 12:05 +0200, Cezio Statkiewicz wrote:
>  Hi!
>
>  I'm working with Scribus to make some ID's with scripter. I have some
> questions about scripter API:
>  1) Is there any way to copy an object?
>  2) Is there any way to create a document from a template (not page from
> page template) or copy current layout from one page to another?
>  3) I've found that images inserted with scripter don't have 'visible'
> attribute set, so there's a need to make them 'visible' manually.
>  Although those problems, I've found Scripter API quite powerfull and
> very easy to use. It saved a lot of time to make about 200 ID's with
> personalized information on each one. Thanks.
>
>  CS

Hello,

I don't believe there is a way do what you are doing in scribus 1.2,
though I believe some of that may change in 1.3 by the time it is
stable. I wrote an automated ID generation script and just created each
element for each card, instead of trying to copy the layout over to each
one. The script I came up with is on the scribus download page if you
want to take a look at how I did it.

Scott