[Scribus] Compiling Scribus on Ubuntu with apt-get -b problems :-(

j Mak joz_mak
Tue May 24 22:42:02 CEST 2005

--- Oleksandr Moskalenko <malex at tagancha.org> wrote:
> * Julian Robbins <julian.robbins at q-par.com>
> [2005-05-24 14:02:18 +0100]:
>
> > On Tue, May 24, 2005 13:42, Sergio Cambra said:
> > > El Martes, 24 de Mayo de 2005 13:21, Julian
> Robbins escribi�:
> it was happy to go ahead

> not found
> support'
> > >
> > > Do you have libqt3-mt-dev and libqt3c102-mt?
> > >
> > > Sergio
> >
> > Hi Sergio
> >
> > I have both of these debs.
>
> Julian,
>
> Please run "apt-get build-dep scribus". It should
> install all necessary
> developmental files for scribus compilation.
>
> Quoting from the apt-get man page:
> "build-dep causes apt-get to install/remove packages
> in an attempt to satisfy
> the build dependencies for a source  package."
>
> Make sure you have "build-essential" installed on
> your system.

I don't understand, why are these complicated
suggestions about installing scribus on ubuntu.
Yesterday, I just downloaded the 1.3 snapshot from the
scribus site and installed it on my Hoary without any
problem using the traditional method of configure,
make, and make install procedure.

Regards,
jozsefmak