[Scribus] PDF and Transparency

Lars Lehtonen public
Thu May 19 13:07:07 CEST 2005

Hello.

I've been having good luck using Scribus for creating simple PDFs, and
now I would like to create one that is press-ready.

I'm having a hard time with transparency.  I have created some PNGs with
transparent backgrounds that I am trying to use as graphics in my
layout, but whenever I export to PDF the transparency is lost.

I'm running Scribus 1.2.1 as packaged in Debian Sarge.  I do have
littlecms installed as well, though I haven't been able to activate the
PDF/X-3 options that I'm hoping might be my salvation.  I've downloaded
the adobe .ICC files and the "Color Management" option is available in
my Settings menu.

----
Lars Lehtonen