[Scribus] pdf table import

VANEK Petr Petr.VANEK
Thu May 19 09:38:00 CEST 2005

> On Wed, 2005-05-18 at 12:02 -0500, Gregory Pittman wrote:
>
> > I wonder whether there could be consideration of developing
> an ability
> > for Scribus to import from an SQL database.
>
> That's an ideal use for the Python scripting system. I've done a few
> simple examples, but never had one I was satisfied was release quality
> (and won't until I have text metrics).
>
> Still, you can already do a lot from a DB, and there are many good
> database interfaces for Python.

yep. this is the area which is scripter for ;)

I've got some informations from one local guy which is implementing
semi-automatic postgresql -> scribus workflow via scripter. He promised
to publish his scripts as a "success story" after its stabilization.

BTW I've tested the scripter with mysql and oracle python modules. It's
working. Simple :)

petr