[Scribus] Accents in pt_BR (iso8859-1)

Louis Desjardins louis_desjardins
Wed May 18 20:08:25 CEST 2005

Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter a ?crit :

> Well, using Insert Special, works. But I can't type a text, lets say in
> OpenOffice, copy and paste - Scribus cut off pasted text in first accent
> found (imagine a complete page full of text - will take hours to get
> text typed - I can't use Insert Special for every accent - and
> Portuguese Brazilian is full of them).

Hi Richter,

I work in French which is also full of accents! You can import, directly
into the text frame, a .sxw file by the get text menu (right click on
selected frame) *without* the need to copy/paste. You'll even keep the
stylesheets and formatting and will be prompted with font issues if any.

Please give it a try!

HTH

Louis