[Scribus] pdf table import

Nagy Istvan inagy
Wed May 18 00:17:41 CEST 2005

On Tue, 17 May 2005 22:00:40 +0200 (CEST)
Farid Elyahyaoui <frietfriet at wanadoo.nl> wrote:

> first of all: scribus kicks bottom! It is the program I was waiting for.
> now a question:
> I want to make a menu table of dishes, ingredients and prices and tried using the table feature of scribus but it is not "finished" yet for fast table creation and editing. I tried to use openoffice to create a pdf with a table and import it in scribus but the only way I found was to draw a picture frame and then use the "get picture" function and select the pdf file. this doesn't work however and the picture frame displays only the big red cross.
> What am I doing wrong here?
> Is there another method for fast table creation/import?
> Farid

1.Make a table as a single page document under OpenOffice and format it according to your taste.
2. Print the document to file. You will get a PostScript document.
3. In Scribus  you can try to insert ps files directly.
4. Alternatively, you  can make a screen capture after Page Preview in OpenOffice and insert the
table as a png picture, but you get some lost in  quality.